Sunday, November 19, 2006

SEPTEMBER CONTEST!! WIN WIN WIN!!!

In honor of Banned Books Week (September 23-30), we're having a contest!

I'm doing a review on a Pulitzer Prize winning book that is on the Radcliffe Publishing list of the 100 best novels of the 20th century. It is one of the 42 books on that list that has been either banned or challenged. To see a list of all 42 books, click here.

What does my review have to do with the contest? EVERYTHING. Here's the deal:

- I will post my review on September 23, 2006.
- You will have ONE WEEK to either a) make a comment OR b) link to your own post/blog in a comment. Your comment/post/blog should tell me why/how one of the 42 books on the list made an impact on your life.
- You MUST comment/review a book from the list of the 42 banned/challenged books. While I know that there are many other very special books out there, this is Banned Book Week, and we're doing our part to promote some of these books that have been dissed over the years.
- One winner will be chosen in a random drawing, from all entries received. Your entry must be posted or linked by 1159pmEST, September 30, 2006. Late entries can not be accepted. If you are having problems posting a link, or commenting, please send me an e-mail (clancys7@hotmail.com) and I will post your entry for you.

I almost forgot about the prize...

The winner will receive a gift card for $20 from the bookseller of their choice. If you want one from Borders, just tell me. If you want a B&N, let me know. If you gotta have Amazon, clue me in. Really, any national bookseller that you choose will do, as long as it's possible for me to get the GC from them.

Now check that link and tell me how those banned or challenged books made a difference in your life!

1118

No comments: