Sunday, June 17, 2007

Spotlight - RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, by Jennifer Talty

Hello, my very patient and wonderful friends! It has been way too long since I've brought you a review, hasn't it? I am thankful beyond your wildest imaginings that Charity has not been a slacker like I have. Where have I been? Well, I was concentrating on finishing my own book in May, plus I had a wedding in Ohio to attend and a visit with my Grams in Oklahoma. I also got to spend some actual time with Charity, and we had a blast. This month, I haven't found that many books that I wanted to share with you. While I have no problem reviewing books that I don't find all that great, my personal philosophy is that I won't review a book if I can't find at least THREE good things to say about it, even if the overall review is not favorable. This has been a really rough month for me, obviously, since I have yet to review a single book. But that's all changing today!

I read a great e-book this month, and I'm going to be Spotlighting it this week. We don't do a lot of e-book reviews around here, but that may just have to change. The book I read was Right In Front Of You by (my very cool author friend!) Jennifer Talty.

About Right In Front Of You:

Restless and bored, NYS Trooper Jared Blake accepts a transfer from his current position in Lake George. Jared lives on the edge and his present post just isn't cutting the mustard. Just when he thinks his life is as it should be, his long time friend is threatened by an unknown source. Jared has exactly two weeks to find out who is behind these threats. And in two weeks, he will lose his heart forever.

Ryan O'Connor has the world at her fingertips. She's strong, feisty and has everything she's ever wanted, except the right man. Jared represents everything Ryan doesn't want. He's controlling, overbearing and now he's moving. Having had a crush on him for years, Ryan decides to seduce Jared. What harm can it do? But when Ryan's life is on the line, she realizes Jared might not be perfect, but he's the perfect man for her.


Jen will be stopping by during the week to answer questions and hang out, so be sure to check in during the day and chat with her in the comments.

Right In Front of You is Jen's first published book, and it is currently available from Triskelion. To download it right this minute, all you have to do is click on the link!

Jen has agreed to give away a download of her book to one very lucky contest winner. Since she's doing this, we're going to make it fun for everyone around here to try to win. Here's the scoop on the contest:

- Copy the cover image and the blurb and put it up on your blog. (You get FIVE entries for this!)
- Link to THIS post when you feature Right In Front Of You on your blog.
- Leave a comment on this post with a link to your blog post where you've featured Right In Front Of You.
- Tell us, either in your comment here or on your blog, something that you've found "right in front of you". It can be as silly or as serious as you want it to be. You'll get two extra entries for doing this.
- If anyone comes here from YOUR blog, and tells us in the comments that you sent them, you'll get another FIVE entries.

This contest will end on Wednesday, at 10pmEST. I'll announce the winner by Friday. If we have a lot of entries, I may just throw in another download!

Good luck, and happy posting!

Keep Turning Those Pages!

10 comments:

JT said...

OMG! This is too cool. I can't believe this. My book is avaiale and people are reading it and blogging about it. Someone pinch me.

OMG! And you know, the download can be a disk copy I send with my signature on it. OMG! That just sounds way to cool.

Yeah, I'm a dork.

Anonymous said...

Jen you are not a dork, you are a great writer!
Dee, I don't have a blog, or I would do all those things instantly.
But right in front of me is a picture of my grandson, and that makes me happy.
So do awesome books like Jen's. My first e-book.....so exciting. And they wonder what I have been doing in here all day!!!

dee said...

Wapak-
I'm still entering you in the contest!

Jen,
YOU are amazing!

Keziah Fenton said...

Jen! I put this up on my blog because the people are always looking for wonderful new authors. I'm so happy for you babe. It amazes me how many brilliant writers are right in front of me every day over at the CB Bar and Grill. I am in awe.

Tell Wapak how important readers are!

JT said...

Thanks everyone! Now all I have to do is get this new computer of mine working properly!

KC said...

I don't have a blog either, but I do read ebooks, so I'm glad that you are reviewing one!

danetteb said...

Hi Jen,
Congrats on your debut. I put your book on my blog to spread the news,
http://nenscl.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=50.
Hugs, Danette

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Hi Jen:
I put your book up on my blog but I don't know how to do links so I am sorry about that. If someone tells me how I will do it. I too am very proud of you. It is quite an accomplishment. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

How do I enter the contest? I'm sorry about all of Jen's trouble with Triskel. I know she'll be okay, but this really sucks.

And, I don't want to give any more money to the publisher, and I still want to read this awesome book, so I want in the contest!

Marcia in OK (blogger still hates me, and I can only post as anonymous)

Anonymous said...

I don't have a web site or blog either. What is right in front of me is how sweet and encouraging people can be to each other when they need it most.