Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Page 161

Note: Stolen from Chantal who got it from Ames.

1. Grab the book closest to you

2. Open it to page 161

3. Find the fifth full sentence

4. Post the text of the sentence to your blog

5. Don't search around for the coolest book you have, use the one that is really next to you

6. Tag five people to do this meme.

Maybe Michael Dempsey could have turned her into a crook.
From Faking It by Jennifer Crusie (My millionth re-read. Needed to feel good.)

I don't tag people, either, so feel free to re-post if you'd like. Just let me know so I can take a look!

Take Care

7 comments:

Chantal said...

I gotta read that book!

Keziah Fenton said...

It was not as long or as gentle as the first, but strong and possessive. From Last to Know by Karen Mauck

Everyone should read Faking It at least twice. :-)

Chari-Dee said...

Chantal - Yes, you definitely need to read Faking It, have you read any Crusie?

Sheryl - Your quote was better than mine! It would be funny to get a whole bunch of these and pc them together in a para. Bet it would be a hoot.

Anonymous said...

I'm reading two books, so I will give you sentences from each.

But before I could grind a single bean, the phone rang. From A Wedding to Die For by Leann Sweeney.

There was a bed frame but no mattress or linens, two empty noghtstands were toppled over, and a small dresser rested against one wall, its empty drawers strewn across the room. From Abby Cooper: Pyschic Eye by Victoria Laurie

Anonymous said...

Someone just returned my copies of some early Stephanie Plum by Janet Evanovich.

"This isn't good, " Morelli said, his gaze now wandering the length of the three-inch opening between door and jamb, fromt he towel to my legs and back to the towel.

from Four to Score

This was so good, I just had to stop my work and read the next few chapters too. (More good stuff - both Morelli and Ranger, but as you know, never at the same time!)

I posted here - cuase I got no blog.

Marcia in OK

(And blogger hates me - I 'm always anonymous with a signature.)

dee said...

Ok- here's mine, from the closest book to me right now (I was actually almost sitting on it, it was so close)

Points to anyone who can tell me what the book is...


"It's screwing me over."

You CBs better have a clue ;)

reviewer said...

I have not read any of her books, but I see them often. I really should. She seems like a great author.